Hello everyone! It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you as Anila. How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing well. I will discuss ENG201 Past Papers from some lectures today.
You will learn how to prepare for VULMS ENG201 Midterm Exams. There is a for ENG201 past papers that I have.
We’re giving you ENG201 past papers. Students can use this paper to smart study for their exams.
VULMS ENG201 Handouts Key Points
Here are the ENG201 Past Papers with their reference answers. They can easily prepare their midterm MCQs and questions with their solved answers.
For a better understanding of concepts and to score higher on exams, we recommend you prepare your handouts ENG201 (Business and Technical English), then go to this paper and other stuff. The majority of the Virtual University of Pakistan papers are taken from your ENG201 Past Papers.
ENG201 Past Papers Solved Quiz VU Of Pakistan
Which of the following has both a denotative and a connotative meaning?
- Closed words
- Content words
- Structure words
- Strong words
Correct Answer: Content words (Page 57)
Which of the following concerns the careful use of language to convey meaning?
- Stylistic accuracy
- Stylistic clarity
- Contextual clarity
- Contextual accuracy
Correct Answer: Stylistic accuracy (Page 27)
Accuracy has how many aspects?
Correct Answer: 3 (Page 27)
What can be considered as the heart of a report?
- The introduction of a report
- A variety of components
- Introduction, body, and a close
- Only the body of the report
Correct Answer: The introduction of a report (Page 79)
What is the last thing you need to do before distributing your document?
- All of the above
Correct Answer: Proofreading (Page 60)
Choose the correct option (ENG201 Past Solved Papers)
To decode a message is to:
- Reject a message
- Translate ideas into code
- Evaluate a message
- Interpret a message
Correct Answer: Interpret a message (Page 44)
Which question is used to ask about residential status?
- What’s your address?
- Where are you from?
- Where do you belong to?
- Please sign here.
Correct Answer: Where are you from?
Which of the following is promoted by simple, direct language?
- Structural clarity
- Stylistic clarity
- Contextual clarity
- Textual clarity
Correct Answer: Stylistic clarity (Page 27)
Which guideline should be followed to ensure Courtesy?
- Be sincerely tactful, thoughtful and appreciative
- Use expressions that show respect
- Omit irritating expressions
- All of the above (Page 38)
Correct Answer: All of the above (Page 38)
In business messages, which plan or model is most commonly used?
- The logical plan or its variation
- The emotional appeal or its variation
- The AIDA model or its variation
- All of the above (Page 76)
Correct Answer: All of the above (Page 76)
ENG201 Past Papers Solved Subjective
Question No: 01
Can you tell me what Functional Words are and what they do?
Functional words include:
- Functional words express relationships among content words
Question No: 02 (ENG201 Past Papers)
What is the difference between Formal and Informal letter?
Formal writing is often associated with scholarly writing. Examples Doctoral dissertations, scholarly articles, top-level government agreements etc. The style is unconventional, usually impersonal, and contains long and involved sentences.
This style of writing is more characteristic in business writing. An example is the communications via E-mail, memos etc.
Question No: 03
Have you ever heard of the term persuasion massage? Define it.
The persuasive message influences the audience by informing them and aiding their understanding. Persuasive messages aim to influence audiences who are inclined to resist, so they depend heavily on strategic planning.
Question No: 04
What is AIDA?
AIDA is a plan and it is the specialized version of persuasion. It has four phases:
Question No: 05
What is meant by “concreteness”? Explain it with the help of examples.
- To communicate concretely, one must be specific, definite, and vivid rather than vague and general.
- Often it means using denotative (direct, explicit, often dictionary-based) rather than connotative words.
- The benefits to business professionals of using concrete facts and figures are
- Your receivers know exactly what is desired.
- When you supply specifics for the reader you increase the likelihood that your message will be interpreted the way you intended.